Monday, October 31, 2011

New things

This past time I checked my microaquarium, it was alot different. First of all, a food pellet was added on Friday October 1, 2011. It was "Atison's Betta Food" made by Ocean Nutrition, Aqua Pet Americas, 3528 West 500 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84104. Ingredients: Fish meal, wheat flower, soy meal, krill meal, minerals, vitamins and preservatives. Analysis: Crude Protein 36%; Crude fat 4.5%; Crude Fiber 3.5%; Moisture 8% and Ash 15%. Also there was alot more movement than I had ever seen previously. In the water and around the plants there were alot of protista. Also the two pieces of the food pellet had alot of action going on around them. Many small organism were eating in them and around them including Epistylis and more paramecium. Also i saw some Rotifers moving around with thier foot. Also I think there may be a Philodina, which is also a rotifer, in my dirt, but I could not tell exactly. I look forward to figuring out what this organism is. Hopefully next week will also bring more exciting creatures to my MicroAquarium!

No comments:

Post a Comment