Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Patterson, DJ. 1996

Smith, DG. 2001
Smith, DG. 2001

Smith, DG. 2001

Thorp, J. 1991


Rains, KG. 1996
Above are the organisms that I found throughout my microaquarium experience. The final time I went to check on my aquarium there was a large mix of living and dead organisms. Many of the Vorticella sp. had died out and both of my plants had turned brown. I finally found out that the organism in my soil was a Midge larva aswell. It will grow into an insect. The amount of rotifers had not really died down much in my water at this last viewing. I enjoyed seeing the different things that grew and died throughout this experience and it was really interesting.

Patterson DJ. 1996. Free-Living Freshwater Protozoa. London (UK): Manson Publishing Ltd. 223p.

Rains KG, Russell BJ. 1996. Guide to Microlife. Canada. Franklin Watts.

Smith, DG. 2001. Pennak's Freshwater Invertabrates of the United States. New York (NY): John Wiley and Sons Inc.

Thorp JH, Covich AP. 1991. Ecology and Classification of North American Freshwater Invertabrates. San Diego (CA): Academic Press.


No comments:

Post a Comment